A personal injury incident is just that, it’s personal!
At Johnson & Johnson Law Firm, you are not a case or a name or a number. You are an individual who deserves the very best guidance, support and legal representation available under the law. We are here to help make sense of your situation and provide expert answers to the difficult questions that arise when you encounter an injury, mistreatment or loss.
We come to you as the personal injury law experts, but we also understand that each case is delicate and unique. Even similar cases contain subtle details and nuances that ultimately create vast differences in terms of legal issues and just outcomes. Each case we handle is treated with care, professionalism and understanding.
Our goal is to give each and every one of our clients the personal attention and care they deserve while going through some of the most difficult circumstances of their lives.
Dick Johnson has been working with injured people and their families for over 30 years. He has been lead counsel in more than 150 cases tried to a jury verdict in state and federal court. Dick has been lead counsel in more than 30 cases decided by the Washington State Court of Appeals, and has argued six cases before the Washington State Supreme Court. He has also argued five cases before the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit.
Dick served as a member of the Court Rules & Procedures Committee of The Washington State Bar Association. He was also the Chairperson of the Court Rules & Procedures Committee of the Washington State Association for Justice.
The Martindale – Hubbell Legal Directory, the nation’s oldest and most highly regarded legal rating firm, has rated Dick as “AV” (Grade A) for over 20 years. He is recognized by judges and other lawyers for having the highest levels of legal ability and integrity.
The Washington Defense Trial Lawyers Association named Dick the Outstanding Plaintiff’s Trial Lawyer in the state for the year 2015.
Dick coached youth football and baseball in Yakima for 15 years. He is the past President of the Yakima Valley Grid Kids Association. Dick also served as the Secretary – Treasurer of Yakima Youth Baseball / Yakima American Legion Baseball for 15 years. Dick is a member of the Yakima Southwest Rotary Club, and has also donated over 20 gallons of blood. He also served as a commissioned officer in the U.S. Army Military Police Corps.
Dick was born in Spokane in 1949. He was raised on the family farm in Whitman County. His ancestors came out from Wisconsin to homestead there before Washington was admitted to the union.
Dick has a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Political Science from Washington State University. His Juris Doctor degree is from the Gonzaga University School of Law, where he served on the Editorial Board of The Gonzaga Law Review.
Dick and Janet Johnson were married in 1976, and have lived in Yakima since 1978. They have three sons and eight grandchildren.
Our personal injury attorneys recognize the hurdles that a person injured in an auto accident faces when attempting to recover financial compensation for expenses such as medical bills and lost wages. Our attorneys have the experience and the resources to successfully resolve even the most complicated car accident claims.
Remember, the law establishes time limits in which a person must file a lawsuit. It is important that if you or someone you love has been in a motor vehicle collision that you believe was caused by the negligence of others that you act quickly to pursue your claim with a knowledgeable and trusted personal injury attorney.
Motorcycle accidents will often result in very serious injury or death, and it is extremely important for those involved in a motorcycle accident to contact an experienced motorcycle injury attorney. With more than thirty years of experience representing personal injury clients, Dick Johnson has handled motorcycle cases that have settled for more than one million dollars.
It is hard for an insurance company to pull the wool over his eyes when talking about the issue of liability. We will walk you through the aftermath of the motorcycle accident and help you understand your options and your rights.
Many people do not tend to think of them as being a serious cause for concern, but slip and fall accidents are one of the most common ways that Americans hurt themselves each year. In some cases, injuries resulting from slip and fall accidents require only minor care but in many instances these injuries can be much more serious and potentially result in life-altering consequences.
For this reason, property owners who fail to keep their premises safe for others may be held liable for their negligence. If you or someone you know has been involved in a slip and fall accident on another party’s property, you may be entitled to financial compensation for your medical bills, income loss and/or loss of enjoyment of life.
Have you or a loved one been injured by a doctor, nurse, or healthcare professional? Medical malpractice, or negligence, can change a patient’s life and the lives of their family members forever. You have the right to bring a malpractice claim for your medical expenses, lost income and pain and suffering.
Our attorneys have vast experience in medical malpractice claims involving injury or wrongful death. If you suspect that you may have been a victim, you could be entitled to recover compensation with the help of the Johnson & Johnson Law Firm.
There are few things more daunting then when your insurance company wrongfully delay or deny your insurance claim. The Johnson & Johnson Law Firm has a reputation for making sure insurance companies treat our clients fairly. Whether you’re a homeowner, a small business owner or sustained an injury, we know how to make sure you are justly compensated for your claim and have the support you need to rebuild your life.
The experienced attorneys at the Johnson & Johnson Law Firm are here to help make sense of your situation and provide expert answers to the difficult questions that arise when you encounter an injury, mistreatment or loss. We know this is a stressful time in your life. Let us handle fighting the insurance companies and negotiating compensation. Our experience handling personal injury cases for over thirty years means we can anticipate what’s next and keep you informed throughout the process – while you focus on your recovery. We will be with you every step of the way.
If you have lost a spouse, a child or a parent due to a motor vehicle accident, medical malpractice, or other incident caused by the fault of another, you may pursue a wrongful death claim for financial damages caused by the loss of your loved one’s untimely passing.
Our Attorneys are experienced in handling these complex, difficult claims. Our law firm will stand beside you and your surviving family members every step of the way in pursuing just compensation for your loved one’s wrongful death.
DO I HAVE A CASE?
Accident, medical malpractice and wrongful death victims are entitled to seek compensation for their serious injury suffered through the negligence of another. This includes compensation for medical expenses, permanent injuries, lost wages, loss of earning potential, and pain and suffering/loss of enjoyment of life. If you have been seriously injured and would like to speak with one of our attorneys but cannot make an office visit, we will make arrangements to travel to meet you. We encourage you to call us today for your free, confidential consultation.
Our goal at the Johnson & Johnson Law Firm is to see that people get the justice that they deserve, with help from an injury lawyer they can count on.
- $1.25 million | For an individual who was injured in a motorcycle incident involving a cable fence. There was alleged drug use on part of motorcycle driver, claim of trespassing and paraplegic injury; mediated settlement.
- $660,000 |For an individual motorcyclist who lost control of his bike while trying to swerve to avoid a pick-up truck. There was no actual impact, but the rider sustained leg, ankle and wrist fractures. Liability in this case was hotly contested and was settled with mediation.
- $350,000 | For a motorcyclist involved in a low-speed collision in a residential area. The individual sustained leg fractures.
- $300,000 | Motorcyclist in residential area collided with a pickup truck backing out of driveway. In addition to the settlement we negotiated waiver of $85,000 ERISA plan lien.
Automobile Injury Case Wins
- $635,000 | Client injured in t-bone collision, suffered a closed head injury and multiple orthopedic injuries. Recoveries made from umbrella policy and UM/UIM coverage.
- $600,000 | For a man who sustained a spinal cord injury as a result of a single-car rollover.
- $600,000 | For a mother of four who suffered a traumatic brain injury, and debilitating physical injuries in a crash with an uninsured driver.
- $594,000 | For a man who suffered lower back and hip injury resulting from a rear-end collision.
- $525,000 | For serious injuries following a t-bone collision.
- $1.25 million | For a woman who suffered severe brain injury through the negligence of a dental hygienist.
- $700,000 | For a woman who suffered severe complications from a failed thyroid surgery.
- $600,000 | Allegations of failure to recognize spinal fracture causing paraplegia; mediated settlement.
- $325,000 | For a woman misdiagnosed and submitted to an abdominal hysterectomy for cervical cancer she never had.
- $325,000 | For a young man who was given an overdose of morphine by nursing staff.
- $125,000 | For a woman who was misdiagnosed and underwent lumbar spine surgery which she did not need.
- $125,000 | For a man who sustained nerve root injury as a result of a failed cervical discectomy.
- $600,000 | For a young woman severely injured from defective highway design.
- $400,000 | For a man who suffered neck and back injuries when a commercial overhead door fell onto him during the course of employment.
- $325,000 | For a woman who suffered a neck injury with resultant multi-level cervical fusion.
- $216,000 | For an individual who sustained an ankle fracture.
- $200,000 | For an elderly woman who’s ankle was fractured by a slip-and-fall.
- $200,000 | For a woman who sustained a neck injury resulting in a two-level cervical fusion.
- $180,000 | For an individual who suffered a shattered femur, resulting from a fall down a flight of stairs.